Sunday, March 2, 2008

beauty

bottle neck squeezed me for the last shine. Didn't need it but took it. Better than one more useless song hitting the street. Lyrics were burping as I tried to bridge your beauty with my words. Could I cut the rope and float down your running river? In the spinning eddy I found I was truly lost. Could I kiss that jaw? Could I lend a lean shoulder to your cause? Would you know that this not your poem? As I repair to some semblance of a man, I am torn down by such beauty. Burn I must, I suppose. Not a hand does this one reach for, merely casting stones into such a clear stream. Your hair tied up, your glistening eyes, your Maker's, your pin stripes, your too cold shoes...allow me to write you a song. One such as you deserves a song of their own. I will sing that song beauty.

No comments: