Friday, January 18, 2008

not what you came here for

Saving face is not an option. The country is on a slippery slope. Idiots have steered my steel chevy into the ditch. My money means nothing. My labor means less. My sweat has no equity. On top of my craft yet at the bottom of the pile. Idiots feed and drink off my back blindly. Am I not supposed to take note? Are you? The next slew of contenders are worthless. We are in for the long haul if we have any hope for change in this brilliant country I call home. I don't believe in homegrown, aw shucks I love this country cause im merican god damnit! I believe in this place for many reasons. My family was always barely getting by. Good schools were the path out of a meager existence. I got a fairly good and completely free education. I am sad to see what most kids are getting fed as education today. Are we on a path to raise the dumbest generation yet? If we are, to what end? Are our children to be led by the noses and made to believe that they are part of a democracy? A controlled situation where you believe you make a difference does not constitute democracy. I don't have a kid and the situation scares the shit out of me. I don't need one of my own to be concerned. This situation is hairy. Do I need to offer a good cup of coffee to you sleepy jokers? Guess what, the time to wake the fuck up is past. Look past your 401k, your leather seats and flat screens, reality is barrelling towards us. If you don't want to wake up long enough for yourself, put a bit of effort in for your child. Somehow we have stuck our heads so far up our asses that we feel ok with the way the ship is being sunk. A new captain can't save this unfortunate sail, it's going to take a mighty effort from the crew. Just fell through my soap box... so get back to ramblin.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Patty Joe, a fine assortment of your poetic insights. Sweet cookies from a twisted bakery!

Swiggy said...

I am reminded of many an evening sitting in a room of the greatest shade of yellow, tucked into a wonderfully old table and discussing the mad ramblings that would more often than not pour from our inebriated lips.

All and all a wonderful beggining and look forward to more now that our wonderful yellow room is no more....