Friday, June 24, 2011

KOW part 4

When I came to, I felt like I was on a damn slip and slide. The mattress was soaked. I was looking at that same ceiling for the second time today. I rolled over and drank in my view of you sleeping soundly on your belly. I took a minute to study the curve of your back taking a roller coaster ride up the hill of that perfectly round ass. Damn. I quietly put my feet on the ground and made my way to one of the chairs by the window. I sat down with a smoke and reached for the cold coffee you had got me earlier. As I sipped and smoked I just stared at you. I read you like the best book. I viewed you the way I would great paintings when I was a regular at MOMA. You looked so beautiful the sweat on my skin disappeared from lack of attention. I took an inventory of our surroundings and the torn sheet stood out. It was still tucked under one corner of the mattress but the rest was on the floor. There was a spilled glass of water, the lamp shade was dented, and our clothes were truly helter skelter. Yeah, we could put the clothes together but I wondered what the damage to the room would cost us. I really did not care. We had flirted around this moment for way too long. It made perfect sense that that we ate that room up while devouring each other. I reached into my bag and found some underwear, grabbed my jeans, and put a T shirt on. I walked over to the front office to find the owner. As I pushed the door open it hit some hanging bells that I didn't notice the first time I had come in. Now the sound set my nerves on edge. He walked out and said, "Hi Patrick. How's it going?". "Good. Good. I just wanted to talk to you about", "Listen Patrick, don't worry about earlier. I know you were upset because you didn't know where your girl was. No worries man.". "Thanks. That's not what I came to talk about though". He looked past me towards the room and then quickly looked back at me. "Well then, what's on your mind brother?" This set me back for a second because "brother" was not a term I passed around lightly. I liked this guy but "brother" he was not. I stared through him a second before I could reply. "I need to settle up because I am ready to head out". "Sure man. Um, it is late in the afternoon though and I will have to charge you for two nights. So why don't you guys just stay tonight and get a fresh start in the morning? I mean, what the hell, you are paying for the room until eleven tomorrow. Maybe we could all have a drink later. I have a grill that I could...." The buzz was howling in my head. "No. Thanks. I need to drive tonight. Listen brother, I kind of tore the room up with my girl and need to know what it is going to cost before I shove off. I don't want any surprise charges down the road so I want you to come take a look and charge me now." Now he looked a bit pensive. "Okay brother, I can do that.." "Stop calling me brother. I like you but no one calls me brother without a good reason." "I didn't mean to offend you, I was just.." "Stop talking man. I am going to wake up my girl to get ready to leave. Give us forty five minutes to get our shit together and come do your inspection. Access the damages and let me settle up with you." "Okay, Patrick. I will be over in forty five. I did not mean to set you off." "You didn't Brian, I set myself off and now I need to roll. Your motel and your kindness will be a part of me from here on out. Trust me, I will be back and then you can fire that grill up. For now, I need to get moving. It's nothing against you or your motel. I'm in the dark as to what is going on, to be quite honest with you. I am relying on instinct and instinct is telling me to get moving." I walked back to our room and regretted not wearing shoes. My feet were on fire! I opened the door and you were sitting at the table drinking a beer. The ash on your cigarette was long and threatening to add more to our room damage charges. Your eyes seemed to look straight through me. "Hey babe, you okay?" Now you gained focus and looked straight at me. I did not know what to expect. Your face was as unmoving and pure as alabaster. You never even blinked as you stood up, put your hand on the back of my neck, and pulled me towards your lips. As we kissed, I felt like I had never had a kiss in my life. When you broke the kiss and pulled away you locked on my eyes and said, "What's the next move babe?" I explained as you presented me with packed bags. "I knew you would do the right thing." You then proceeded to pack the Jeep. When I was done with Brian we headed out. God bless him, he must have liked us. He didn't charge us for half the damage that our fireworks caused. As I pulled out of that tight garage and steered back onto 66, I wondered if I would ever see this again. It didn't matter at that moment though. I was too distracted by you. The cut off' jean shorts you were wearing gave my eyes a large expanse of your perfect legs. I put my hand on your knee. You wasted no time grabbing my hand and putting it on the fringes of your shorts. Your milky thigh in my hand I hit the pedal on the right and sped towards the next time I could give you my full attention.

No comments: